Thursday, April 29, 2010

Last night I made a yummy new lasagna-White Chicken Lasagna to be exact. My husband loved it! I loved it too-but I didn't love the mess it made in my oven.
Try this recipe because it is really good-but bake it with a cookie sheet under your baking dish. Otherwise you will get to clean a fun mess like I did and your house will smell kind of yucky.
My poor oven:(
White Chicken Lasagna
another day in paradise

2-3 cups cooked chicken, diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of broccoli soup
4 cups chicken broth, small amount reserved
1 cup sour cream
1/2 lb cottage cheese
1/2 container ricotta cheese
1 lb mozzarella cheese
1 tsp basil
1 pkg oven ready lasagna noodles
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350*. Combine everything but the chicken, noodles and small amount of chicken broth. Mix in chicken. Pour reserved broth in the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish, making sure it covers bottom. Layer uncooked noodles and sauce until mix is gone or pan is full-ending with sauce.
Bake covered for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 35-40 minutes until bubbly and golden. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. The longer is sits, the more it sets up. It will be fairly soupy when you pull it out of the oven, so make sure you let it sit!!

Serves 6-8

1 comment:

  1. OOOO Beck, that looks really yummy. I'm going to have to try that one out. We've liked all your recipes so far! The ones we've tried anyway. I'm sure this will be no exception.

    ReplyDelete