Monday, March 29, 2010

Monterey Chicken

I was basically gone for the entire weekend and when I finally blew through the door on Sunday afternoon, I figured my poor husband could use and deserved a good, home cooked meal. The trick was staying awake long enough to cook it.
I must say, we were not disappointed-Monterey chicken, homemade mashed potatoes and gravy, fresh broccoli and cheesecake for dessert. Yum!!!
Monterey Chicken
adapted from double dipped life

2-4 chicken breasts
1/2 -1 cup bbq sauce
bacon, whatever kind you liked cooked
shredded cheddar cheese
tomatoes, chopped
green onion, chopped

Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Place in preheat 350* oven for 20-40 minutes, depending on how large your chicken breasts are. Spread bbq sauce generously over each piece of chicken. Bake for another 10 minutes. Wrap cooked bacon around each piece of chicken, using as much or as little as you want and sprinkle with cheese. Place under broiler for 3-5 minutes to melt cheese and quickly combine flavors. Sprinkle with tomatoes and green onions. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. That looks SOOOOOOOO good. I think it will be one I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    What a lovely recipe! I actually made a recipe similar to this the other evening before I had heard of your Chicken Monterey. I coated the chicken with Cajun Shake 'n Bake, wrapped them in pre-cooked bacon, then covered them with pickled jalapenos and covered it in mozarella cheese. It was delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    WM
    Toronto, Ontario

    ReplyDelete