Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fruit Tart

I made dessert for Mother's Day this year. We had dinner with my family because my little brother got to call home from Texas. I know that my Mom loves fruit tarts, so I thought I would give one a try. She loved it and I am glad because I almost burned my house down making this. (Literally!) It turned out so good and I am sad I only had one piece.

Isn't it pretty?!

Fruit Tart
rookie cookie

Crust:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup butter, softened and sliced

Filling:
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Glaze:
1 6oz can limeade concentrate
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 cup sugar

Fresh strawberries, kiwi, raspberries and blackberries

Preheat oven to 350* (make sure oven is empty before you turn it on:)

In a food processor, combine crust ingredients and process until mixture forms a ball. Press dough into greased tart pan (one that has a removable bottom) and press until even. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.

Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over cooled crust. Arrange strawberries and kiwi laying one layer at a time, ending with kiwi. Cluster raspberries and blackberries on top.

Combine limeade, cornstarch, lime juice and sugar in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until clear and thick-about 2 minutes. Let cool. With a pastry brush, brush glaze over entire tart. (You will not use all the glaze.)

Keep tart in fridge and remove about 15 minutes before serving.

Serves about 8

1 comment: