Wednesday, September 29, 2010

California Tacos

Last week at Young Women's we did a recipe swap. I was so proud of my girls for how well they did with this activity! We had lots of good food and we all ate way too much! I got this recipe from my cute friend and Secretary, Carissa. I changed a couple of things...but nothing huge.
California Tacos

1 lb hamburger (I used ground turkey)
1 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic
1 10oz can tomato soup
1 soup can water
1 6oz can tomato paste
3 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp sugar
1/8 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 dashes Tabasco
2 cups cooked rice
1 can pinto beans
1 pkg Fritos

Saute beef, onion and garlic until browned. Mix remaining ingredients (except rice, beans and Fritos). Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice and beans and mix until incorporated and heated through.
Serve with Fritos and sour cream. Can also serve with shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, avocados, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment