Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I love me a good, soft cookie! I do not like hard cookies...never have, never will. When I saw this recipe I had to try it because I am always on the hunt for a good oatmeal raisin cookie. I have a few that are okay, but nothing to write home about. Until today! I love these cookies and they will replace all of my other oatmeal raisin cookie recipes. I think I ate like 6 today. It's been one of those days......
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
bountiful kitchen

2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt (yum!)
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups old fashion oats
1 cup raisins ( I used golden raisins this time and loved them!)

Preheat oven to 350*. Cream butter and sugars together. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until fluffy. Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt in a bowl with wet ingredients. Mix just until incorporated. Add 3 cups oats, mix with large spoon. Fold in raisins.
Drop dough onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350* for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment