Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Puff Pancakes

We had a wonderful Easter. It was also my birthday week and that was full of surprises, so I am a bit behind in my posting.
I was able to attend the Taste of Home cooking school last week with my best friend Jodi. We had so much fun and got some fun new recipes. I have made German/puff pancakes for years now. It's one of our favorite breakfasts! I got this version at the cooking school and made it for Easter. We loved the berries on top!
Berry Puff Pancakes

1 tbsp butter
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup fresh raspberries (I had to use frozen...just defrosted them and they worked fine!)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/3 cup orange marmalade
2 tbsp confectioners sugar

Place the butter in a 9 inch pie plate; place in a 400* oven for 4-5 minutes or until melted. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. In another small bowl, combine the flour and salt; whisk in egg mixture until smooth.
Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake 15-20 minutes or until sides are crisp and golden brown.
In a large bowl, gently combine the berries and the marmalade. Sprinkle pancake with confectioners sugar; fill with berry mixture. Serve immediately.

source: taste of home cooking school

No comments:

Post a Comment