Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Olive Garden Salad

I don't consider myself a food snob. Usually if it's good, I will eat it without much complaint or comparing. However, with this salad, I am a total food snob! Recently, my husband and I went to The Olive Garden and ordered their salad which has always been my favorite thing there. After taking a couple of bites we both looked at each other and agreed that my version of their salad is much better!! Their salad is not as fresh as it used to be-lets be honest, it's from a bag. Kinda disappointing. 
I got this recipe years ago from a cooking class that I attended and it has been on of my very favorites ever since. So if you are ever craving Olive Garden salad, make this instead!
Olive Garden Copycat Salad
Salad:
1 head iceburg lettuce
1 head romaine lettuce
1/2 purple onion, thinly sliced
1 can chopped olives, drained
Grated parmesan cheese, 1 cup or a handful or two
Croutons

Dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
3/4 tsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 small red onion, or to taste
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

For the dressing, combine ingredients in a blender and mix on high until smooth. Cover and chill at least an hour before serving.
For the salad, cut lettuce into desired bite size pieces. Combine all salad ingredients in  large bowl and serve with the dressing on the side.

Serves 6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment