Saturday, January 23, 2010

Coconut Chicken

We eat a ton of chicken in our house cause it is cheap, so I am always looking for new ways to serve it. I have had this recipe in my file to try for a while now and I wish I had a a better picture of it. It was so good! I think this is my new favorite "easy" chicken recipe.
Coconut Chicken
anna can cook

2 eggs, beaten
water
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (whole or cut into strips)
melted butter


In a shallow dish mix together, flour, coconut, salt, pepper and garlic powder. In another shallow dish, beat 2 eggs with some water.
Dredge chicken in egg wash, then in coconut mixture. Depending on what crunch you like, you may want to dry dip, wet dip, dry dip.
Place chicken on sprayed cookie sheet. Drizzle each piece with a little melted butter. Bake at 400* for 25 minutes.
The best part of this is the dipping sauce-combine orange marmalade and Dijon mustard. Play around with the portions until you get the flavor you like. So good!!!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think you liked coconut! Glad to see you do. DO you like fish yet???? Dee

    ReplyDelete