Monday, January 18, 2010

Kielbasa and Caramelized Onion Pizza

Sorry about the lack of posts. I cooked myself sick the week of Christmas and while I have been making some really good things that I really wanted to share the last two weeks, I have had a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I think life is somewhat back to normal now and I am back to posting.
I have been promising my husband I would make this pizza for about 3 weeks and I finally made it last night. Eric gave it one hundred thumbs up. I think we will be adding this to his "favorite dinner's" list. That list is getting to be a bit long:) If you like meat or have a man in your life-this is the pizza for you!

(sorry about the picture-I pulled it out of the oven and ran out the door to get to work on time.)

Kielbasa and Caramelized Onion Pizza
adapted from Rachael Ray

2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb kielbasa, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
2 onions, thinly sliced
salt and pepper
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
pizza dough

Add 1 tbsp olive oil to skillet and heat over med heat. Add kielbasa and cook, stirring until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining olive oil and onions to same skillet and cook until onions are golden brown, about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add kielbasa back to skillet and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
Prepare your pizza dough (whatever kind you like to use) and arrange on baking sheet or pizza stone (worth the money!!). Arrange kielbasa/onion mixture over dough and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 425* for about 14-17 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment