Thursday, March 4, 2010

A month ago I was called to be young women's president in our ward. Since then, Sunday's have been anything but a day of rest. Valentine's day was full of meetings and therefore-no cooking occurred. We had leftovers. I had a beautiful menu planned, but wasn't able to make it until this week. However, as I got dinner on the table, my kids decided to go wacko on me resulting in no nice tablecloth, no candles, and cold food by the time we sat down to eat. I was frustrated that it wasn't the nice, calm, romantic meal I had been hoping for, but I guess that is life. The food still tasted delicious (even though Tessa wouldn't touch it. I tried not to be offended.). Maybe next year will be a bit calmer-ha ha ha!
Balsamic Pork Tenderloin

1 pork tenderloin
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey

Bake pork tenderloin at 325* for about 20-25 minutes. Meanwhile, combine vinegar and honey in a small saucepan. Simmer until reduced by half. Remove pork from oven, brush with reduced vinegar. Place under broiler until sauce is bubbly and starting to caramelized. Remove, turn, brush with vinegar and repeat. When finished, remove from oven and let rest 7-10 minutes before cutting. Drizzle with remaining vinegar.


Green Mashed Potatoes
redhead recipes

6 russet potatoes
1/2 bag frozen peas
4 tbsp butter
4 tbsp sour cream
salt and pepper to taste
milk

Boil potatoes until soft. Add in peas for last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain peas and potatoes. Add butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Mash. Add milk as needed to obtain desired texture. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment