Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers

Happy New Year!! I can't believe we are starting another year. 2010 had many ups and downs for me. It was also a very busy year and I am hoping 2011 is a bit calmer. I have been thinking a lot about resolutions and changes I want to make in my life for the new year. I have a long list, so hopefully I will accomplish at least one thing on that list. I have good intentions at least. One of my biggest projects I want to tackle this year, (besides losing the junk in my trunk!) is to get my recipes organized! I have a plan, now I just need to get started! I also want to be better about blogging my recipes. I love seeing what everyone else is making and am grateful that others are more diligent than I am.
I thought I would start the new year off right by sharing one of my top 10 favorite things to eat....Jalapeno Poppers! I could seriously eat all 36 of these poppers I made yesterday by myself. Hence the need to lose that junk in my trunk:) My family always makes a ton of party food for New Years Eve and we eat it for days. These were my contribution this year. So yummy!!!
Happy 2011!!

BBQ Jalapeno Poppers
pioneer woman

18 fresh jalapenos
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 green onion, sliced
18 slices of bacon, cut in half
bbq sauce or apricot jam
toothpicks

Cut peppers in half lengthwise, trying to keep stems intact. With a spoon, scoop out seeds and ribs of peppers. (You will want to wear rubber gloves or even plastic bags on your hands for this part! If you touch your face with your hands after seeding jalapenos, you will be sorry for hours!)

In a bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and green onion. Stuff each pepper half with cheese mixture. Wrap bacon slices around each half, covering as much of the surface as you can without ripping the bacon. Secure peppers and bacon with a toothpick and brush desired sauce over each pepper.

Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet and place peppers on cooling rack. This will allow drippings from bacon to fall into the baking pan and not all over your peppers as they bake. Bake at *275 for 1 hour, or until bacon is sizzling. Serve warm or at room temperature.

1 comment:

  1. Those look awesome! But seriously, what junk in your trunk?

    ReplyDelete