Saturday, September 12, 2009

Stuffed Peaches

Before peaches go out of season you have to try this recipe! It is seriously so yummy!! This will be made every summer from now on! They are so good warm, right out of the oven. Stuffed Peaches
crazibeautiful
3 large ripe peaches, each cut in half and pitted
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 egg beaten, only use about 1/4 tsp of it
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped bordeaux cookies (pepperidge farm)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-2 Tbsp quick oatmeal
1 Tbsp finely chopped almonds
cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350. Scoop out and reserve half of flesh from peach half. Grease shallow dish or ceramic baking dish with butter. Place peach, hallow side up, in dish. Chop reserved peach flesh. Stir in egg, vanilla, oatmeal and crushed cookies. Spoon evenly into peach halves.
Sprinkle peaches with crushed cookies, almonds and cinnamon. Bake 15-20 minutes or until peaches are softened and topping is browned. Served in a bed of whipped cream.
Serves 6

2 comments:

  1. These peaches really sound great...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind me lurking on your blog. I work with Eric and he gave me the address to your blog so I could get your rootbeer cupcake recipe. I made the stuffed peaches last night and everyone loved them! I look forward to more yummy recipes!!

    ReplyDelete