Monday, October 19, 2009

Apples

I have 7 bags of apples in my garage-so be prepared for lots of apple recipes! This is one I have had in my file for a long time, so I finally gave it a try and I loved it! This will be one I make every year from now on! A perfect fall snack.Chunky Apple Pumpkin Bread
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 cup chopped peeled tart apples
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
In a large mixing bowl combine sugar, pumpkin, water, oil and eggs. Mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder and cloves; add to pumpkin mixture. Beat on low speed just until moistened. Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour into greased 9x3 inch (1 large) loaf pan. Bake at 325* for 1 1/2 -1 3/4 hours or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment