Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Teriyaki Chicken and Rice

I apologize for this picture-I forgot to take one before packing up the leftovers for my husbands lunch. This recipe was fast and easy and really good. My husband took one bite and said he already knew he wanted seconds. I love cooking long hours in the kitchen, but after canning for 5 hours yesterday a fast meal was what I needed. This was just what I was hoping for-enjoy!Teriyaki Chicken and Rice
1 1/2-2 lbs chicken breasts cut into cubes
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
Rice
Heat skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook until brown. Combine soy sauce, water and brown sugar in small saucepan. Place over med heat and stir until sugar in dissolved. Let the sauce bubble, but do not let it boil over. Pour sauce over cooked chicken and let cook until thickened and a bit syrupy. Serve over hot rice.
Serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment