Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

For a couple of years I was on a quest for a great chocolate chip cookie. Most were good, but not memorable. Then I found this recipe and I fell in love! I have been using this recipe for about 5 years and it is the only chocolate chip cookie recipe I will ever use! The cookies are always moist and a bit gooey-the way a true chocolate chip cookie should be!
*Chocolate Chip Cookies*
1 cup margarine, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2-1 tsp almond extract (optional)
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 (12oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Cream butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla and extract. In separate bowl sift together dry ingredients. Add to cream mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350* for about 8 minutes or until very lightly browned. Move to racks to cool. Makes 4-5 dozen


2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to try this. That has been my problem, finding a cccookie that is really yummy! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete