Friday, July 17, 2009

Fajita Salad

During the summer I don't want to turn the oven on if I don't have to, so I am always looking for easy, cool dinners. Last night I made a fajita salad that was so good and so filling-and surprisingly healthy. I was surprised how filling it was! My husband and I decided that it didn't need dressing-lime juice was all it needed! You will be amazed at how easy and yummy this is!
*Chicken Fajita Salad*
adapted from 101 things to do with a salad
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 envelope fajita seasoning
1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
1 can black beans, drained
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1/2-1 red onion thinly sliced
1-2 limes, halved
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
tortilla chips
avocados
ranch dressing
salsa
Marinate chicken in fajita seasoning according to package directions. Saute chicken until cooked through. In a serving bowl, combing lettuce, beans, peppers and onion. Add cooked chicken and toss. Serve with lime juice, chips, avocados, cheese and dressing or salsa if desired. Serves 4-6

1 comment:

  1. I am totally stoked!!! You are so amazing and I am so excited to share your ideas.

    ReplyDelete